Thursday, July 4, 2013

Mannington Restoration / Historic Oak / Ash

The flooring is done!  I have this everywhere except the 2 bathrooms.  LOVE IT!!!  The only speed bump I hit was yesterday...when I came home in the middle of the day, randomly, to get a power cord for my laptop that I left at home.  Vince was also randomly there, because I had my U-Verse appointment yesterday as well, and the guy didn't get my service hooked up.  Too bad I couldn't just ask for my favorite AT&T guy to do the job......anyways....he stopped by to check out the issue.  I pulled up and he told me it looked like I had a lot of extra flooring....and that it looked like the guys were loading it in the back of their truck!



I went over and....whoop there it is.  8 boxes of my flooring.  Wrapped in a tarp, and tied up, in the back of the truck.  I uncovered it, took a picture, sent it to my contractor that hired these guys, and then grabbed a box and started to take it inside.  One of the guys saw me and I confronted him, there was a language barrier, but I am pretty sure he knew what I was saying....the guy in charge acted all surprised...whatever.  Anyway, I got it all back and will return it (less the re-stocking fee, B.S.)

They did do a good job though.  On top of it, there was confusion as to if I was writing the check to this guy, or the contractor, last thing he did for me I paid the guy direct, yada yada yada...I wrote a sizable check and then the contractor finally returned my call....no, I was not supposed to give that guy the money.....

Had to do a stop payment on the check, write another (for less thankfully because the install was less sq. ft.proven by the leftover materials that they tried to steal), and while doing that, the flooring guy finally calls the contractor back (after several calls sent to voicemail)...yeah he's at the bank and trying to cash my check and the bank won't do it...tried to steal my money!  Drama....but my floors are done.  Ugh.

 The walls are also painted!  I have the bulk of the house in a dove grey color, the office is a pea soup green, guest is aqua, accent walls in the kitchen/dining/master of charcoal grey.  I have a lot of coral/aqua/green/white/black accessories, I can't wait to see it come together!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment