Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Progress in the Kitchen

I've got a working kitchen again!  No countertops yet, just plywood, but I had him put the sink in so I can function like a normal person again, and all the new appliances are installed.  Here's some before and afters, ca't wait for the final "after"...complete with one dark charcoal grey wall with a big shutter on it, poured concrete countertops, tiled backsplash and all my stuff!
 Here's what there was....Home Made cabinets, the interiors were all different, some plywood, some MDF, and some sweet 70's shelf paper.  Wood Grain Pattern Formica, and everything was filthy.  They cleaned it up for the sale of the house, but you can't get 30 years of grime off all the way.


 Here I have some pics of the Demolition....the lace curtains are still intact in this picture!  There was a mouse nest under one of the cabinets, and 3 petrified mice.  Yuck.
 Behind the cabinets by the stove, they had paneled over drywall, with a dark brown "wood" paneling, and then over that, they later put faux tile paneling.  Like a sheet of "tile" shapes.  Luckily, it peeled of pretty easily.

 Below, I have the new white cabinets in place, took down the lace curtains and put up my temporary paper shades, those will stay til the shutter comes in.  The pretty florescent light is still there, but not for long!  I can't stand to look at it, need to re-texture the ceiling and put in some can lights next.


I unpacked several kitchen boxes, trying to figure out where I want things to go.  I don't think I can keep Andy in the kitchen drawer too long, so I will have to find a new spot for him, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment